The safety of our loved ones and our belongings is crucial to our peace of mind. Homes are our sanctuaries and we expect them to be a safe haven where we can always retreat to with comfort. However, this sense of security can be threatened by the possibility of burglaries. But there’s good news! Your home protection can be tightened through the installation of better locks. In this article, we’ll be sharing five expert tips to improve your home security through lock installation.
- Upgrade to deadbolts: The standard locks that come with your door frame may not be enough to keep your home secure. This is where deadbolts come in. Deadbolts are far stronger than standard locks, and they require a key to be opened, making them tougher for an intruder to pick. Installing a deadbolt on all your outside doors will boost the security of your home.
- Integrate smart locks: Smart locks have gained tremendous popularity in recent years, and for a good reason. They offer superior safety and convenience. Unlike the traditional locks, smart locks use digital technology to allow access into your home. Smart locks give you alerts every time somebody enters or leaves your home, and most importantly, they use encryptions that make it nearly impossible for intruders to pick.
- Install deadlatches to protect against forced entry: A deadlatch lock is specifically designed to protect against forced entries by providing an extra layer of security. Deadlatches are incredibly effective as they can only be opened from the inside, making it impossible for an intruder to gain access through a forced entry.
- Reinforce your locks with security strike plates: Security strike plates offer extra protection by reinforcing the lockset in your door. This helps to resist the force of a kick or smash from intruders. They can also protect your frames from being prised open with a crowbar.
- Layer your locks: Layering locks add an extra step of security to your doors. It makes it harder for a locksmith to pick the lock and enter your home. In lock layering, you install a combination of locks, such as a deadbolt lock, a smart lock, and a keypad lock, to safeguard your home.
It’s essential to keep your home safe at all times. One way of achieving this is through the installation of the right locks in your home. A combination of the right locks, such as deadbolts, smart locks, and deadlatches, and reinforcing them with security strike plates, will make your home almost impregnable to burglars. Layering your locks will also add an extra layer of security to your home. Taking these measures will help you sleep better at night, knowing that your home is secure. Contact a professional locksmith today to discuss the best home security lock options for your home.